By Mark Stranger
Read Online or Download Surfing Life: Surface, Substructure and the Commodification of the Sublime PDF
Best sociology of sports books
In recent times the ‘body’ has turn into essentially the most well known components of analysis within the arts, humanities and social sciences. Bodybuilding, specifically, is still of curiosity to students of gender, media, movie, cultural stories and sociology. although, there's unusually little scholarship on hand on modern bodybuilding.
Winner of the Lord Aberdare Literary Prize 2015- from the British Society for activities heritage. From its creation within the mid-late 19th century as a garden-party hobby to its improvement right into a hugely commercialised and professionalised high-performance activity, the heritage of tennis in Britain displays vital topics in Britain’s social historical past.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2015 im Fachbereich game - Sportsoziologie, word: 1,3, Universität Bielefeld (Fakultät für Psychologie und Sportwissenschaften), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Das öffentliche Coming-Out vom früheren Nationalspieler Thomas Hitzlsperger löste am Anfang des Jahres 2014 ein gewaltiges Medienecho aus und führte zu einer neu aufkommenden Debatte über das tabuisierte Thema Homosexualität im Fußball.
Simply in time for the 2018 global Cup, a full of life and lyrical consultant to appreciating the drama of football football isn't just the world's most well-liked recreation; it is also probably the most greatly shared different types of international tradition. The Language of the sport is a passionate and fascinating creation to soccer's historical past, strategies, and human drama.
- Indigenous People, Race Relations and Australian Sport (Sport in the Global Society – Contemporary Perspectives)
- Contemporary Perspectives in Leisure: Meanings, Motives and Lifelong Learning
- Sport and the English, 1918-1939: Between the Wars
- The Culture of Sports in the Harlem Renaissance
- San Francisco Bay Area Sports: Golden Gate Athletics, Recreation, and Community (Sport, Culture, and Society)
- Governance, Citizenship and the New European Football Championships: The European Spectacle (Sport in the Global Society – Contemporary Perspectives)
Additional info for Surfing Life: Surface, Substructure and the Commodification of the Sublime
Surfing Life: Surface, Substructure and the Commodification of the Sublime by Mark Stranger