By James R. Ehleringer,Anthony E. Hall,Graham D. Farquhar
- Carbon isotope analyses for estimates of plant water use and metabolism
- Integrated estimates of pressure affects and existence heritage in ecological systems
- Hydrogen and oxygen isotope analyses for comparing water resources and transpiration
- Use of strong isotopes in scaling from leaf to worldwide levels
- Sections include: History and Theoretical Considerations, Ecological features of Carbon Isotope Variation, Agricultural points of Carbon Isotope Variation, Genetics and Isotopic Variation, Water family members and Isotopic Composition
Read or Download Stable Isotopes and Plant Carbon-Water Relations (Physiological Ecology) PDF
Similar botany books
This ebook is a basic consultant to figuring out plant constitution providing plant scientists, plant biologists and horticulturalists in perform, educational lifestyles and in education. It contains a blend of concise medical textual content and excellent colour pictures and drawings, targeting constitution at anatomical, histological and positive constitution degrees.
Bettering Water and Nutrient Use potency in meals creation structures offers pros, scholars, and coverage makers with an in-depth view of varied features of water and nutrient us in crop creation. The ebook covers themes with regards to international fiscal, political, and social concerns with regards to foodstuff creation and distribution, describes a number of innovations and mechanisms that raise water and nutrient use potency, and overview te curren scenario and power advancements in significant food-producing structures on each one continent.
The Tarahumara, one among North America’s oldest surviving aboriginal teams, name themselves Rarámuri, which means “nimble feet”—and although they stay in relative isolation in Chihuahua, Mexico, their agility in long-distance operating is legendary world wide. Tarahumara drugs is the 1st in-depth investigate the tradition that sustains the “great runners.
Wild crops, Mushrooms and Nuts: sensible homes and nutrients purposes is a compendium of present and novel study at the chemistry, biochemistry, dietary and pharmaceutical worth of conventional meals items, specifically wild mushrooms, vegetation and nuts, that are changing into extra proper in diets, and are in particular precious for constructing novel well-being meals and in glossy normal meals cures.
Extra resources for Stable Isotopes and Plant Carbon-Water Relations (Physiological Ecology)
Stable Isotopes and Plant Carbon-Water Relations (Physiological Ecology) by James R. Ehleringer,Anthony E. Hall,Graham D. Farquhar