By Jim Parry,Simon Robinson,Nick Watson,Mark Nesti
Sport technological know-how can quantify many features of human functionality however the non secular dimensions of activities adventure can't be absolutely understood via dimension. even if, the non secular event of game – be it defined as ‘flow’, ‘transcendence’ or the invention of that means and cost – is significant either to our uncomplicated motivation to participate in activities, and to attaining success.
Sport and Spirituality: An Introduction explores those human facets of activities adventure throughout the views of activity psychology, philosophy, ethics, theology and spiritual reviews. It contains discussions of:
- Spirituality within the postmodern era
- Spirituality, overall healthiness and well-being
- Theistic and atheistic views on game and the spiritual
- Nature and transcendence – the magical and stylish in open air sport
- Applied recreation psychology and the existential
- Spiritual views on soreness, soreness and destiny
- Sport, the virtues, moral improvement and the spirit of the game
- The Olympic video games and de Coubertin’s rules of the ‘religio athletae’.
This groundbreaking textual content might be a priceless source for college kids of recreation and workout reviews, activities training, actual schooling and recreation and health and wellbeing psychology. This ebook might be learn by means of all these attracted to the instruction, functionality and overall healthiness of athletes.
Read Online or Download Sport and Spirituality: An Introduction (Ethics and Sport) PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
Lately the ‘body’ has develop into essentially the most well known components of analysis within the arts, humanities and social sciences. Bodybuilding, particularly, is still of curiosity to students of gender, media, movie, cultural reviews and sociology. even though, there's unusually little scholarship on hand on modern bodybuilding.
Winner of the Lord Aberdare Literary Prize 2015- from the British Society for activities heritage. From its creation within the mid-late 19th century as a garden-party hobby to its improvement right into a hugely commercialised and professionalised high-performance activity, the historical past of tennis in Britain displays very important issues in Britain’s social heritage.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2015 im Fachbereich recreation - Sportsoziologie, word: 1,3, Universität Bielefeld (Fakultät für Psychologie und Sportwissenschaften), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Das öffentliche Coming-Out vom früheren Nationalspieler Thomas Hitzlsperger löste am Anfang des Jahres 2014 ein gewaltiges Medienecho aus und führte zu einer neu aufkommenden Debatte über das tabuisierte Thema Homosexualität im Fußball.
Simply in time for the 2018 international Cup, a full of life and lyrical advisor to appreciating the drama of football football is not just the world's most well liked recreation; it is also the most commonly shared kinds of worldwide tradition. The Language of the sport is a passionate and fascinating creation to soccer's background, strategies, and human drama.
- Culture of the Slow: Social Deceleration in an Accelerated World (Consumption and Public Life)
- The Politics of Tourism Development: Booms and Busts in Ireland
- Walking on the Wild Side: Long-Distance Hiking on the Appalachian Trail
- Fields of Play: An Ethnography of Children's Sports (Teaching Culture: UTP Ethnographies for the Classroom)
- Sport Coaching Research and Practice: Ontology, Interdisciplinarity and Critical Realism (Routledge Research in Sports Coaching)
- Der Körper in der modernen Gesellschaft: Idealbilder und Inszenierungen (German Edition)
Extra info for Sport and Spirituality: An Introduction (Ethics and Sport)
Sport and Spirituality: An Introduction (Ethics and Sport) by Jim Parry,Simon Robinson,Nick Watson,Mark Nesti