By Jomills Henry Braddock II,Adrienne Milner,Jomills Braddock
Covering a breadth of themes surrounding the present country of ladies in activities, this two-volume assortment faucets present occasions, sociological and feminist idea, and up to date examine to contextualize women's studies in activities inside of a patriarchal society and spotlight components for improvement.
• comprises contributions from a large choice of athletes and students from around the globe and contains content material edited through editors of other sexes and races
• demanding situations traditional knowledge surrounding women's position and remedy in activity as girl athletes proceed to wreck intercourse boundaries and shatter past expectancies relating to their skill to compete opposed to men
• Relates subject matters of sexism, gender expectancies, and discrimination to key matters in the greater social structure
Read or Download Women in Sports: Breaking Barriers, Facing Obstacles [2 volumes] PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
In recent times the ‘body’ has turn into probably the most renowned components of research within the arts, humanities and social sciences. Bodybuilding, specifically, remains to be of curiosity to students of gender, media, movie, cultural experiences and sociology. even though, there's unusually little scholarship to be had on modern bodybuilding.
Winner of the Lord Aberdare Literary Prize 2015- from the British Society for activities background. From its introduction within the mid-late 19th century as a garden-party hobby to its improvement right into a hugely commercialised and professionalised high-performance activity, the background of tennis in Britain displays vital topics in Britain’s social background.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2015 im Fachbereich activity - Sportsoziologie, notice: 1,3, Universität Bielefeld (Fakultät für Psychologie und Sportwissenschaften), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Das öffentliche Coming-Out vom früheren Nationalspieler Thomas Hitzlsperger löste am Anfang des Jahres 2014 ein gewaltiges Medienecho aus und führte zu einer neu aufkommenden Debatte über das tabuisierte Thema Homosexualität im Fußball.
Simply in time for the 2018 international Cup, a full of life and lyrical advisor to appreciating the drama of football football is not just the world's most well liked recreation; it is also probably the most largely shared kinds of international tradition. The Language of the sport is a passionate and interesting creation to soccer's historical past, strategies, and human drama.
- Sport, Leisure and Social Justice (Routledge Critical Perspectives on Equality and Social Justice in Sport and Leisure)
- Routledge Handbook of Football Studies (Routledge International Handbooks)
- Endurance Running: A Socio-Cultural Examination (Routledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society)
- Global Sport-for-Development: Critical Perspectives (Global Culture and Sport Series)
- Exploring Sports and Society: A Critical Introduction for Students
- Understanding Sport: A socio-cultural analysis (CRESC)
Additional info for Women in Sports: Breaking Barriers, Facing Obstacles [2 volumes]
Women in Sports: Breaking Barriers, Facing Obstacles [2 volumes] by Jomills Henry Braddock II,Adrienne Milner,Jomills Braddock