By Robert A. Mikos
Marijuana legislations, coverage, and Authority is a first-of-its-kind legislation tuition casebook in a rapidly-emerging and intriguing new box. The obtainable, complete, and fascinating fabric courses scholars in the course of the competing methods to regulating marijuana, the needs and results of these methods, and the felony experts for selecting between them. The precious association intersperses those problems with important legislations, coverage, and authority through the dialogue of clients, providers, and 3rd events. noticeable legislations fabrics conceal both prohibitions or laws focusing on clients, providers, or 3rd events. coverage fabrics hide the targets of marijuana legislations and coverage in addition to the study at the impression of alternative marijuana regulations. Authority fabrics tackle the various degrees of government—federal, country, and native. Notes, questions, and diverse difficulties in every one bankruptcy offer additional
thought-provoking fabric and aid to enhance scholar studying. Current, news-headlining circumstances continue the dialogue attention-grabbing and lively.
- Internationally popular writer Robert Mikos is the optimum authority on marijuana legislations. He attracts upon approximately a decade event educating, lecturing, consulting, and writing approximately marijuana legislations and policy.
- Three precise yet inter-woven themes are coated: the considerable legislations governing marijuana; the coverage rationales in the back of and results produced by way of diversified techniques to regulating the drug; and the criminal authority to control the drug.
- Students are guided in the course of the multi-faceted felony and coverage concerns now confronting attorneys, lawmakers, judges, and coverage analysts operating during this rising field.
- Written in a method that's usual to legislation scholars, but in addition available to a much wider viewers, together with graduate and higher point undergraduate scholars in classes in coverage reviews, political technological know-how, and criminology.
- Cutting-edge concerns are incorporated which are intellectually enticing for college kids and professors alike—e.g., how are conflicts among country/ federal legislations resolved? What are the jobs of courts and govt officials by way of policy?
- Dives deeply into vintage criminal matters: agreement enforceability and powers of court docket, Congress, and the state.
- Notes and Questions following instances supply stimulating fodder for discussion.
Read Online or Download Marijuana Law, Policy, and Authority (Aspen Casebook Series) PDF
Similar legal education books
This well known e-book is helping scholars make the transition from their undergraduate event to legislation tuition studying. in contrast to different “introduction to legislation college” texts, Bridging the distance bargains a special method simply because it:Explains the “why” of legislation, delivering scholars with the context essential to comprehend why legislation university is taught in a undeniable demeanour.
Plaintiff employment legal professionals in conservative states usually face an uphill conflict in scuffling with for employee rights. to beat robust judicial biases in prefer of employers, attorneys want as a lot felony authority as attainable to win their case. Winners' principles has scoured instances within the 5th Circuit for precedents favorable to staff.
A favourite between winning scholars, and sometimes suggested by way of professors, the original Examples & reasons sequence delivers super transparent introductions to suggestions via reasonable examples that reflect these awarded within the school room in the course of the semester. Use at first and halfway during the semester to deepen your knowing via transparent motives, corresponding hypothetical truth styles, and research.
The second one version of The legislation of Governance, possibility administration, and Compliance follows the 1st version, because the first casebook fascinated with the legislations of governance, hazard administration, and compliance. writer Geoffrey P. Miller, a hugely revered professor of company and fiscal legislation, brings genuine global adventure to the booklet as a member of the board of administrators and audit and chance committees of an important banking establishment.
Additional info for Marijuana Law, Policy, and Authority (Aspen Casebook Series)
Marijuana Law, Policy, and Authority (Aspen Casebook Series) by Robert A. Mikos