By David L. Andrews,Ben Carrington
- Positions game as an important topic for serious research, as probably the most major different types of renowned culture
- Includes either famous social and cultural theorists whose paintings lends itself to an interrogation of activity, and best theorists of recreation itself
- Offers a finished exam of recreation as a social and cultural perform and institution
- Explores recreation when it comes to modernity, postcolonial thought, gender, violence, race, incapacity and politics
Read Online or Download A Companion to Sport (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies) PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
In recent times the ‘body’ has develop into the most renowned components of analysis within the arts, humanities and social sciences. Bodybuilding, particularly, is still of curiosity to students of gender, media, movie, cultural experiences and sociology. notwithstanding, there's unusually little scholarship on hand on modern bodybuilding.
Winner of the Lord Aberdare Literary Prize 2015- from the British Society for activities historical past. From its introduction within the mid-late 19th century as a garden-party hobby to its improvement right into a hugely commercialised and professionalised high-performance game, the historical past of tennis in Britain displays very important subject matters in Britain’s social heritage.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2015 im Fachbereich game - Sportsoziologie, word: 1,3, Universität Bielefeld (Fakultät für Psychologie und Sportwissenschaften), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Das öffentliche Coming-Out vom früheren Nationalspieler Thomas Hitzlsperger löste am Anfang des Jahres 2014 ein gewaltiges Medienecho aus und führte zu einer neu aufkommenden Debatte über das tabuisierte Thema Homosexualität im Fußball.
Simply in time for the 2018 global Cup, a full of life and lyrical consultant to appreciating the drama of football football isn't just the world's preferred activity; it is also essentially the most greatly shared kinds of international tradition. The Language of the sport is a passionate and interesting advent to soccer's heritage, strategies, and human drama.
- Religion and Sports: An Introduction and Case Studies
- Coaching Better Every Season: A Year-Round System for Athlete Development and Program Success
- Sport and Nationalism in China (Routledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society)
- Winning More Than The Game
- Sex Segregation in Sports: Why Separate Is Not Equal: Why Separate Is Not Equal
- Kampfsport und Gewaltbereitschaft: Inwiefern eignet sich Kampfsport als gewaltpräventive Maßnahme bei Kindern und Jugendlichen? (German Edition)
Additional resources for A Companion to Sport (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies)
A Companion to Sport (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies) by David L. Andrews,Ben Carrington